Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Week 10: Mashups

I love mashed potato. But that's neither here nor there.

Check out this list of cool Mashups...

I sent the link of Big Huge Labs to my wife because of her interest in image editing. Specifically FREE editing programs!

Explore

For some reason, (must be IT restrictions,) I can't view Keir Clarke's Star Viewer - but I have looked at the Google Earth program recently and found it difficult to make sense of the night sky as seen through Google-vision. The Southern Cross, for example, just didn't look quite right. So for navigational reasons, if Keir Clarke managed to improve on Google Sky then it sounds good and I'll have to remember to look when I'm at home.

I'm impressed with the Google Maps API and will incorporate it into my wife's Photography website when we finally get it up and running.

Libraries should have their locations mapped out using this on their websites.

I will now, as instructed, add to my blog something created using Big Huge Labs. Below is an image from my wife's flickr page, converted into a calendar. This is from when we met, 15 years ago.

Image hosted @ bighugelabs.com

No comments: