Thursday, March 13, 2008

Week 2 - Introduction to Blogs

Here are my answers to the questions posed in week 2:

What do you hope to learn from the program?

I hope to learn something I didn’t know before, fairly simple I know, but I've always been interested in new technology and so I know a lot of this already. But I have a completely open mind - so I’m ready and raring to learn!

What do you think about Lifelong Learning?

It is a valuable concept which enriches individual lives, enriches the community, and even helps put off the onset of dementia. All rather positive.

What other blogs have you been interested in?

Not many, I don't have very much time now that I'm a Dad. But I have couple of personal ones that I contribute to when I get the opportunity.

Can you see a use for blogs inside the Library?

Its exponential. As more people become aware of the value of blogs, more people create their own blog and tell others who then also become aware, and on it goes. I think library blogs will become more popular as more people start looking for the blog link when they log onto their library’s website.

I can see a problem when an author, writing for his or her library, needs to have their posts reviewed by management before publishing. I can't see Blogger working that way. More traditional web content publishing software, such as Adobe Contribute, has these review functions built in.

How about blogging for a client audience?

If this was a blog for our borrowers, instead of talking about the Learning 2.0 program, I would be writing up an artical about how the library move is going. As you can see from the picture in this post we're trying to let the public know as much as possible.

No comments: